Late Night Links – Sunday March 23rd, 2014
It’s that time again! It’s been a particularly busy week of looking at junk on the internet, so I have much to get through. We’d better get started.
- 45+ Great Web and Icon Fonts of 2013
Also Taking a Second Look at Free Fonts. People are all about the fonts this week, apparently.
- Appmethod Lets You Code Native Android, iOS and Desktop Apps Simultaneously
- 25 Beautiful Example of Modern Minimal Web Design
It seems like I was all about the design this week, judging by what I was flagging for inclusion in this post.
- Microsoft’s OneNote Goes Completely Free, Launches for Macs
I really like OneNote, but the free version doesn’t sync with WebDAV shares. That’s OK because I’d pay for that functionality, but the Android version doesn’t sync with WebDAV either. Not cool, Microsoft.
- Ever Dreamed of Flying Your Own Ukrainian Bomber?
- The Broquet
- Getting a Little Ahead of Yourself
- The Canadian Press Has, Like, a Good Sense of Humour
- This is Motorola’s New Android Wear Smartwatch: Moto 360
Well, I no longer want a pebble.
- Only in Germany
- Charlie is Never This Excited About Cleanliness
- The Meanest Thing Ever
- Pushbullet’s IFTTT Channel Turns Any Trigger Into a Notification
More here. I installed this app this week, and I love it. I’m considering writing a grocery list WebApp for Flo and I that uses it.
- You Might Be Breathing Ineffectively. Here’s How to Fix That
I’m breathing wrong? Fuck you, lifehacker.
- Twitter Blocked in Turkey as Prime Minister Pledges to ‘Eradicate’ It
Well, this din’t work: Turkey’s Attempt to Block Twitter is Backfiring Spectacularly
- The Deeply Weird World of Extreme Dog Grooming
I fear for Charlie Brown once Flo reads this.
- Teacher Breaks Bad, Runs $1.5m Coke Lab Out of His Home
- Take a Tequila Shot for Weight Loss
Alright, I will.
- Twitter May Indulge Our Vanity by Showing View Counts for Tweets
I have this in my twitter feed. It’s just sad. Basically nobody reads my tweets.
- Watching These Dogs Confused by a Magic Trick is Hilariously Cute
- Pakistan Erased an Entire International New York Times Cover Story
- No Winners for $1bn NCAA Challenge
- How Hollywood Has Destroyed America
- Anti-Social Network Helps You Avoid People You Don’t Want to See
I’ve read about this in a few places this week, but Fast Company has the best headline about it. “Anti-Social Network.”
And we’re done for another week! Until next time, internet!