Late Night Links – Sunday March 30th, 2014
It’s that time of the week again, and since I’m going to be away next weekend today’s post is almost certainly going to have to hold you for two weeks.
- Three Keyboard Shortcuts Left-Handers Can Actually Use
I use the mouse with my right hand, but this is interesting. I also just found out that Flo is left-handed too. Who knew?
- Dixons and Carphone Warehouse in Talks to Merge Their 3,000 UK Stores
This is interesting to me just because I used to work for Dixon’s phone-selling arm when I was in college, then they shut it down. Now they’re looking to get back into that business, I guess.
- Whoa, That’s Huge
- Google Now Officially Lands in Chrome
- Tumblr Gets Two-Step Verification, Makes Your GIFs More Secure
I have been on a two-step authentication binge this week, and I’ve turned it on everywhere I can. It makes a lot of sense.
- Watch Every Single Cultural Reference in ‘The Office’ With This Time Machine
What? Like you have something better to be doing right now?
- Train Derails at Chicago Airport, Makes it Halfway Up the Stairs
- Lifehacker Faceoff: OneNote vs. Evernote
Interesting. I use Evernote at home and OneNote at work currently, although really want I want is a way to combine everything into a single tool I can access anywhere. The mobile versions of OneNote don’t let me open a notebook on a WebDav drive though, and Evernote is blocked on my corporate network.
- How People Can Track You on Twitter, Even if You Don’t Use Geotags
- Math Teacher Punishes Students With ‘Game of Thrones’ Spoilers
- Thousands Make #NoMakeupSelfie Donation Error
People are accidentally adopting polar bears. Thanks Autocorrect.
- Look! I’m a Kitty!
- Wu-Tang Clan Will Sell Only a Single Copy of Their New Album
- The $26 Ballpark Hot Dog
I want it.
- Sun Rises Over North Pole for 1st Time in 6 Months
It’s officially spring! I just wish somebody would let the weather know.
- Newlywed Get 30 Years in Prison for Pushing Husband Off Cliff at U.S. National Park
Aaaah young love.
- Mozilla Webmaker Teaches You to Build Web Sites, Apps, and More
- A Light-Up Alarm Completely Changed My Life
- Need Some Bath Wine?
I do enjoy some bath wine from time to time.
And that’s it! We’re done for a couple of weeks! Talk to you soon, internetters.